Please Note

Whenever you use the links on my blog's to make purchases, such as from Mystic Monk Coffee, CCleaner, and others, I earn a small commission. This commission does not have any effect on your costs.


Friday, June 18, 2010

Mass Readings for Sunday, June 20, 2010



 FIRST READING: Zechariah 12: 10-11; 13:1

10 "And I will pour out on the house of David and the inhabitants of Jerusalem a spirit of compassion and supplication, so that, when they look on him whom they have pierced, they shall mourn for him, as one mourns for an only child, and weep bitterly over him, as one weeps over a first-born.
11 On that day the mourning in Jerusalem will be as great as the mourning for Hadadrim'mon in the plain of Megid'do.
1 "On that day there shall be a fountain opened for the house of David and the inhabitants of Jerusalem to cleanse them from sin and uncleanness.

PSALM: Psalms 63: 2 - 6, 8 - 9

2 So I have looked upon thee in the sanctuary, beholding thy power and glory.
3 Because thy steadfast love is better than life, my lips will praise thee.
4 So I will bless thee as long as I live; I will lift up my hands and call on thy name.
5 My soul is feasted as with marrow and fat, and my mouth praises thee with joyful lips,
6 when I think of thee upon my bed, and meditate on thee in the watches of the night;
8 My soul clings to thee; thy right hand upholds me.
9 But those who seek to destroy my life shall go down into the depths of the earth;

SECOND READING: Galatians 3: 26 - 29

26 for in Christ Jesus you are all sons of God, through faith.
27 For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus.
29 And if you are Christ's, then you are Abraham's offspring, heirs according to promise.

GOSPEL: Luke 9: 18 - 24

18 Now it happened that as he was praying alone the disciples were with him; and he asked them, "Who do the people say that I am?"
19 And they answered, "John the Baptist; but others say, Eli'jah; and others, that one of the old prophets has risen."
20 And he said to them, "But who do you say that I am?" And Peter answered, "The Christ of God."
21 But he charged and commanded them to tell this to no one,
22 saying, "The Son of man must suffer many things, and be rejected by the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and on the third day be raised."
23 And he said to all, "If any man would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me.
24 For whoever would save his life will lose it; and whoever loses his life for my sake, he will save it.