Please Note

Whenever you use the links on my blog's to make purchases, such as from Mystic Monk Coffee, CCleaner, and others, I earn a small commission. This commission does not have any effect on your costs.


Sunday, August 29, 2010

Mass Readings for Monday, August 30, 2010



FIRST READING: 1 Corinthians 2: 1 - 5

1 And I, brethren, when I came to you, came not in loftiness of speech or of wisdom, declaring unto you the testimony of Christ.
2 For I judged not myself to know anything among you, but Jesus Christ, and him crucified.
3 And I was with you in weakness, and in fear, and in much trembling.
4 And my speech and my preaching was not in the persuasive words of human wisdom, but in shewing of the Spirit and power;
5 That your faith might not stand on the wisdom of men, but on the power of God.

PSALM: Psalms 119: 97 - 102

97 O how have I loved thy law, O Lord! it is my meditation all the day.
98 Through thy commandment, thou hast made me wiser than my enemies: for it is ever with me.
99 I have understood more than all my teachers: because thy testimonies are my meditation.
100 I have had understanding above ancients: because I have sought thy commandments.
101 I have restrained my feet from every evil way: that I may keep thy words.
102 I have not declined from thy judgments, because thou hast set me a law.

GOSPEL: Luke 4: 16 - 30

16 And he came to Nazareth, where he was brought up: and he went into the synagogue, according to his custom, on the sabbath day; and he rose up to read.
17 And the book of Isaias the prophet was delivered unto him. And as he unfolded the book, he found the place where it was written:
18 The Spirit of the Lord is upon me. Wherefore he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor, he hath sent me to heal the contrite of heart,
19 To preach deliverance to the captives, and sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, to preach the acceptable year of the Lord, and the day of reward.
20 And when he had folded the book, he restored it to the minister, and sat down. And the eyes of all in the synagogue were fixed on him.
21 And he began to say to them: This day is fulfilled this scripture in your ears.
22 And all gave testimony to him: and they wondered at the words of grace that proceeded from his mouth, and they said: Is not this the son of Joseph?
23 And he said to them: Doubtless you will say to me this similitude: Physician, heal thyself: as great things as we have heard done in Capharnaum, do also here in thy own country.
24 And he said: Amen I say to you, that no prophet is accepted in his own country.
25 In truth I say to you, there were many widows in the days of Elias in Israel, when heaven was shut up three years and six months, when there was a great famine throughout all the earth.
26 And to none of them was Elias sent, but to Sarepta of Sidon, to a widow woman.
27 And there were many lepers in Israel in the time of Eliseus the prophet: and none of them was cleansed but Naaman the Syrian.
28 And all they in the synagogue, hearing these things, were filled with anger.
29 And they rose up and thrust him out of the city; and they brought him to the brow of the hill, whereon their city was built, that they might cast him down headlong.
30 But he passing through the midst of them, went his way.