Please Note

Whenever you use the links on my blog's to make purchases, such as from Mystic Monk Coffee, CCleaner, and others, I earn a small commission. This commission does not have any effect on your costs.


Tuesday, November 09, 2010

Mass Readings for Wednesday, November 10, 2010



Memorial of Saint Leo the Great, Pope and Doctor of the Church

FIRST READING: Titus 3: 1 - 7

1 Admonish them to be subject to princes and powers, to obey at a word, to be ready to every good work.
2 To speak evil of no man, not to be litigious, but gentle: shewing all mildness towards all men.
3 For we ourselves also were some time unwise, incredulous, erring, slaves to divers desires and pleasures, living in malice and envy, hateful, and hating one another.
4 But when the goodness and kindness of God our Saviour appeared:
5 Not by the works of justice, which we have done, but according to his mercy, he saved us, by the laver of regeneration, and renovation of the Holy Ghost;
6 Whom he hath poured forth upon us abundantly, through Jesus Christ our Saviour:
7 That, being justified by his grace, we may be heirs, according to hope of life everlasting.

PSALM: Psalms 23: 1 - 6

1 The Lord ruleth me: and I shall want nothing.
2 He hath set me in a place of pasture. He hath brought me up, on the water of refreshment:
3 He hath converted my soul. He hath led me on the paths of justice, for his own name's sake.
4 For though I should walk in the midst of the shadow of death, I will fear no evils, for thou art with me. Thy rod and thy staff, they have comforted me.
5 Thou hast prepared a table before me against them that afflict me. Thou hast anointed my head with oil; and my chalice which inebriateth me, how goodly is it!
6 And thy mercy will follow me all the days of my life. And that I may dwell in the house of the Lord unto length of days.

GOSPEL: Luke 17: 11 - 19

11 And it came to pass, as he was going to Jerusalem, he passed through the midst of Samaria and Galilee.
12 And as he entered into a certain town, there met him ten men that were lepers, who stood afar off;
13 And lifted up their voice, saying: Jesus, master, have mercy on us.
14 Whom when he saw, he said: Go, shew yourselves to the priests. And it came to pass, as they went, they were made clean.
15 And one of them, when he saw that he was made clean, went back, with a loud voice glorifying God.
16 And he fell on his face before his feet, giving thanks: and this was a Samaritan.
17 And Jesus answering, said, Were not ten made clean? and where are the nine?
18 There is no one found to return and give glory to God, but this stranger.
19 And he said to him: Arise, go thy way; for thy faith hath made thee whole.