Please Note

Whenever you use the links on my blog's to make purchases, such as from Mystic Monk Coffee, CCleaner, and others, I earn a small commission. This commission does not have any effect on your costs.


Sunday, May 26, 2013

Mass Readings For Monday, May 27, 2013

"The Rich Young Man Went Away Sorrowful" -- by James Tissot
Memorial Day (U.S.A.)

FIRST READING: Sirach 17: 20 - 24

20 Their covenants were not hid by their iniquity, and all their iniquities are in the sight of God
22 The alms of a man is as a signet with him, and shall preserve the grace of a man as the apple of the eye:
23 And afterward he shall rise up, and shall render them their reward, to every one upon their own head, and shall turn them down into the bowels of the earth.
24 But to the penitent he hath given the way of justice, and he hath strengthened them that were fainting in patience, and hath appointed to them the lot of truth.

PSALM: Psalms 32: 1 - 2, 5 - 7

1 Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered.
2 Blessed is the man to whom the Lord hath not imputed sin, and in whose spirit there is no guile.
5 I have acknowledged my sin to thee, and my injustice I have not concealed. I said I will confess against myself my injustice to the Lord: and thou hast forgiven the wickedness of my sin.
6 For this shall every one that is holy pray to thee in a seasonable time. And yet in a flood of many waters, they shall not come nigh unto him.
7 Thou art my refuge from the trouble which hath encompassed me: my joy, deliver me from them that surround me.

GOSPEL: Mark 10: 17 - 27

17 And when he was gone forth into the way, a certain man running up and kneeling before him, asked him, Good Master, what shall I do that I may receive life everlasting?
18 And Jesus said to him, Why callest thou me good? None is good but one, that is God.
19 Thou knowest the commandments: Do not commit adultery, do not kill, do not steal, bear not false witness, do no fraud, honour thy father and mother.
20 But he answering, said to him: Master, all these things I have observed from my youth.
21 And Jesus looking on him, loved him, and said to him: One thing is wanting unto thee: go, sell whatsoever thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven; and come, follow me.
22 Who being struck sad at that saying, went away sorrowful: for he had great possessions.
23 And Jesus looking round about, saith to his disciples: How hardly shall they that have riches, enter into the kingdom of God!
24 And the disciples were astonished at his words. But Jesus again answering, saith to them: Children, how hard is it for them that trust in riches, to enter into the kingdom of God?
25 It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.
26 Who wondered the more, saying among themselves: Who then can be saved?
27 And Jesus looking on them, saith: With men it is impossible; but not with God: for all things are possible with God.