Please Note

Whenever you use the links on my blog's to make purchases, such as from Mystic Monk Coffee, CCleaner, and others, I earn a small commission. This commission does not have any effect on your costs.


Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Mass Readings For Thursday, July 11, 2013

"On Entering the House, Salute It" -- by James Tissot


FIRST READING: Genesis 44: 18 - 21, 23 - 29; 45: 1 - 5

18 Then Juda coming nearer, said boldly: I beseech thee, my lord, let thy servant speak a word in thy ears, and be not angry with thy servant: for after Pharao thou art,
19 My lord. Thou didst ask thy servants the first time: Have you a father or a brother?
20 And we answered thee, my lord: We have a father an old man, and a young boy, that was born in his old age; whose brother by the mother is dead: and he alone is left of his mother, and his father loveth him tenderly.
21 And thou saidst to thy servants: Bring him hither to me, and I will set my eyes on him.
23 And thou saidst to thy servants: Except your youngest brother come with you, you shall see my face no more.
24 Therefore when we were gone up to thy servant our father, we told him all that my lord had said.
25 And our father said: Go again, and buy us a little wheat.
26 And we said to him: We cannot go: if our youngest brother go down with us, we will set out together: otherwise, without him we dare not see the man's face.
27 Whereunto he answered: You know that my wife bore me two.
28 One went out, and you said: A beast devoured him: and hitherto he appeareth not.
29 If you take this also, and any thing befall him in the way you will bring down my gray hairs with sorrow unto hell.
1 Joseph could no longer refrain himself before many that stood by: whereupon he commanded that all should go out, and no stranger be present at their knowing one another.
2 And he lifted up his voice with weeping, which the Egyptians and all the house of Pharao heard.
3 And he said to his brethren: I am Joseph: is my father yet living? His brethren could not answer him, being struck with exceeding great fear.
4 And he said mildly to them: Come nearer to me. And when they were come near him, he said: I am Joseph, your brother, whom you sold into Egypt.
5 Be not afraid, and let it not seem to you a hard case that you sold me into these countries: for God sent me before you into Egypt for your preservation.

PSALM: Psalms 105: 16 - 21

16 And he called a famine upon the land: and he broke in pieces all the support of bread.
17 He sent a man before them: Joseph, who was sold for a slave.
18 They humbled his feet in fetters: the iron pierced his soul,
19 Until his word came. The word of the Lord inflamed him.
20 The king sent, and he released him: the ruler of the people, and he set him at liberty.
21 He made him master of his house, and ruler of all his possession.

GOSPEL: Matthew 10: 7 - 15

7 And going, preach, saying: The kingdom of heaven is at hand.
8 Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse the lepers, cast out devils: freely have you received, freely give.
9 Do not possess gold, nor silver, nor money in your purses:
10 Nor scrip for your journey, nor two coats, nor shoes, nor a staff; for the workman is worthy of his meat.
11 And into whatsoever city or town you shall enter, inquire who in it is worthy, and there abide till you go thence.
12 And when you come into the house, salute it, saying: Peace be to this house.
13 And if that house be worthy, your peace shall come upon it; but if it be not worthy, your peace shall return to you.
14 And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words: going forth out of that house or city shake off the dust from your feet.
15 Amen I say to you, it shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom and Gomorrha in the day of judgment, than for that city.