Please Note

Whenever you use the links on my blog's to make purchases, such as from Mystic Monk Coffee, CCleaner, and others, I earn a small commission. This commission does not have any effect on your costs.


Monday, September 02, 2013

Catholic Mass Readings For Tuesday, September 03, 2013

"The Possessed Man in the Synagogue" -- by James Tissot

FIRST READING: 1 Thessalonians 5: 1 - 6, 9 - 11

1 But of the times and moments, brethren, you need not that we should write to you;
2 For yourselves know perfectly, that the day of the Lord shall so come, as a thief in the night.
3 For when they shall say, peace and security; then shall sudden destruction come upon them, as the pains upon her that is with child, and they shall not escape.
4 But you, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.
5 For all you are the children of light, and children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.
6 Therefore, let us not sleep, as others do; but let us watch, and be sober.
9 For God hath not appointed us unto wrath, but unto the purchasing of salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,
10 Who died for us; that, whether we watch or sleep, we may live together with him.
11 For which cause comfort one another; and edify one another, as you also do.

PSALM: Psalms 27: 1, 4, 13 - 14

1 The Lord is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear? The Lord is the protector of my life: of whom shall I be afraid?
4 One thing I have asked of the Lord, this will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life. That I may see the delight of the Lord, and may visit his temple.
13 I believe to see the good things of the Lord in the land of the living.
14 Expect the Lord, do manfully, and let thy heart take courage, and wait thou for the Lord.

GOSPEL: Luke 4: 31 - 37

31 And he went down into Capharnaum, a city of Galilee, and there he taught them on the sabbath days.
32 And they were astonished at his doctrine: for his speech was with power.
33 And in the synagogue there was a man who had an unclean devil, and he cried out with a loud voice,
34 Saying: Let us alone, what have we to do with thee, Jesus of Nazareth? art thou come to destroy us? I know thee who thou art, the holy one of God.
35 And Jesus rebuked him, saying: Hold thy peace, and go out of him. And when the devil had thrown him into the midst, he went out of him, and hurt him not at all.
36 And there came fear upon all, and they talked among themselves, saying: What word is this, for with authority and power he commandeth the unclean spirits, and they go out?
37 And the fame of him was published into every place of the country.