Please Note

Whenever you use the links on my blog's to make purchases, such as from Mystic Monk Coffee, CCleaner, and others, I earn a small commission. This commission does not have any effect on your costs.


Thursday, October 24, 2013

Catholic Mass Readings For Friday, October 25, 2013

Icon of Christ

FIRST READING: Romans 7: 18 - 25

18 For I know that there dwelleth not in me, that is to say, in my flesh, that which is good. For to will, is present with me; but to accomplish that which is good, I find not.
19 For the good which I will, I do not; but the evil which I will not, that I do.
20 Now if I do that which I will not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
21 I find then a law, that when I have a will to do good, evil is present with me.
22 For I am delighted with the law of God, according to the inward man:
23 But I see another law in my members, fighting against the law of my mind, and captivating me in the law of sin, that is in my members.
24 Unhappy man that I am, who shall deliver me from the body of this death?
25 The grace of God, by Jesus Christ our Lord. Therefore, I myself, with the mind serve the law of God; but with the flesh, the law of sin.

PSALM: Psalms 119: 66, 68, 76 - 77, 93 - 94

66 Teach me goodness and discipline and knowledge; for I have believed thy commandments.
68 Thou art good; and in thy goodness teach me thy justifications.
76 O! let thy mercy be for my comfort, according to thy word unto thy servant.
77 Let thy tender mercies come unto me, and I shall live: for thy law is my meditation.
93 Thy justifications I will never forget: for by them thou hast given me life.
94 I am thine, save thou me: for I have sought thy justifications.

GOSPEL: Luke 12: 54 - 59

54 And he said also to the multitudes: When you see a cloud rising from the west, presently you say: A shower is coming: and so it happeneth:
55 And when ye see the south wind blow, you say: There will be heat: and it cometh to pass.
56 You hypocrites, you know how to discern the face of the heaven and of the earth: but how is it that you do not discern this time?
57 And why even of yourselves, do you not judge that which is just?
58 And when thou goest with thy adversary to the prince, whilst thou art in the way, endeavour to be delivered from him: lest perhaps he draw thee to the judge, and the judge deliver thee to the exacter, and the exacter cast thee into prison.
59 I say to thee, thou shalt not go out thence, until thou pay the very last mite.