Please Note

Whenever you use the links on my blog's to make purchases, such as from Mystic Monk Coffee, CCleaner, and others, I earn a small commission. This commission does not have any effect on your costs.


Sunday, June 22, 2014

Sunday Catholic Mass Readings For June 22, 2014




FIRST READING: Deuteronomy 8: 2 - 3, 14 - 16

2 Remember how Yahweh, your God, brought you through the desert for forty years. He humbled you, to test you and know what was in your heart, whether you would keep his commandments or not.
3 He made you experience want, he made you experience hunger, but he gave you manna to eat which neither you nor your fathers had known, to show you that man lives not on bread alone, but that all that proceeds from the mouth of God is life for man.
14 then do not let your heart become proud and do not forget Yahweh, your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, the house of slavery.
15 It is he who has led you across this great and terrible desert, full of fiery serpents and scorpions, an arid land where there is no water. But for you he made water gush forth from the hardest rock.
16 And he fed you in the desert with manna which your fathers did not know. He made you experience want and put you to the test, so that it would be for you good later on.

PSALM: Psalms 147: 12 - 15, 19 - 20

12 Exalt the Lord, O Jerusalem; praise your God, O Zion!
13 For he strengthens the bars of your gates and blesses your children within you.
14 He grants peace on your borders and feeds you with the finest grain.
15 He sends his command to the earth and swiftly runs his word.
19 It is he who tells Jacob his words, his laws and decrees to Israel.
20 This he has not done for other nations, so his laws remain unknown to them. Alleluia!

SECOND READING: 1 Corinthians 10: 16 - 17

16 The cup of blessing that we bless, is it not a communion with the blood of Christ? And the bread that we break, is it not a communion with the body of Christ?
17 The bread is one, and so we, though many, form one body, sharing the one bread.

GOSPEL: John 6: 51 - 58

51 I am the living bread which has come from heaven; whoever eats of this bread will live forever. The bread I shall give is my flesh and I will give it for the life of the world."
52 The Jews were arguing among themselves, "How can this man give us his flesh to eat?"
53 So Jesus replied, "Truly, I say to you, if you do not eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you.
54 The one who eats my flesh and drinks my blood live with eternal life and I will raise him up on the last day.
55 My flesh is really food and my blood is drink.
56 Those who eat my flesh and drink my blood, live in me and I in them.
57 Just as the Father, who is life, sent me and I have life from the Father, so whoever eats me will have life from me.
58 This is the bread which came from heaven; unlike that of your ancestors, who ate and later died. Those who eat this bread will live forever."