Please Note

Whenever you use the links on my blog's to make purchases, such as from Mystic Monk Coffee, CCleaner, and others, I earn a small commission. This commission does not have any effect on your costs.


Saturday, July 26, 2014

Catholic Mass Readings For Saturday, July 26, 2014




FIRST READING: Jeremiah 7: 1 - 11

1 These words were spoken by Yahweh, to Jeremiah,
2 "Stand at the gate of Yahweh's house and proclaim this in a loud voice: Listen to what Yahweh says, all you people of Judah (who enter these gates to worship Yahweh).
3 Yahweh the God of Israel says this:
Amend your ways and your deeds and I will stay with you in this place.
4 Rely not on empty words such as: "Look, the Temple of Yahweh! the Temple of Yahweh! This is the Temple of Yahweh!"
5 It is far better for you to amend your ways and act justly with all.
6 Do not abuse the stranger, orphan or widow or shed innocent blood in this place or follow false gods to your own ruin.
7 Then I will stay with you in this place, in the land I gave to your forefathers in times past and forever.
8 But you trust in deceptive and useless words.
9 You steal, kill, take the wife of your neighbor; you swear falsely, worship Baal and follow foreign gods who are not yours.
10 Then, after doing all these horrible things, you come and stand before me in this temple that bears my Name and say, "Now we are safe."
11 Is this house on which rests my Name a den of thieves? I have seen this myself - it is Yahweh who speaks.

PSALM: Psalms 84: 3 - 6, 8, 11

3 My soul yearns, pines, for the courts of the Lord. My heart and my flesh cry out for the living God.
4 Even the sparrow finds a home, and the swallow a nest where she may lay her young, at your altars, O Lord of hosts, my King and my God!
5 Happy are those who live in your house, continually singing your praise!
6 Happy the pilgrims whom you strengthen, to make the ascent to you.
8 They go from strength to strength till they appear before God in Zion.
11 One day in your courts is better than a thousand elsewhere. I would rather be left at the threshold in the house of my God than to dwell in the tents of the wicked.

GOSPEL: Matthew 13: 24 - 30

24 Jesus told them another parable, "The kingdom of heaven can be compared to a man who sowed good seed in his field.
25 While everyone was asleep, his enemy came and sowed weeds among the wheat and left.
26 When the plants sprouted and produced grain, the weeds also appeared.
27 Then the servants of the owner came to him and said: 'Sir, was it not good seed that you sowed in your field? Where did the weeds come from?'
28 He answered them: 'This is the work of an enemy.' They asked him: 'Do you want us to go and pull up the weeds?'
29 He told them: 'No, when you pull up the weeds, you might uproot the wheat with them.
30 Let them just grow together until harvest; and at harvest time I will say to the workers: Pull up the weeds first, tie them in bundles and burn them; then gather the wheat into my barn."