Please Note

Whenever you use the links on my blog's to make purchases, such as from Mystic Monk Coffee, CCleaner, and others, I earn a small commission. This commission does not have any effect on your costs.


Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Catholic Mass Readings For Wednesday, July 23, 2014



FIRST READING: Jeremiah 1: 1, 4 - 10

1 These are the words of Jeremiah son of Hilkiah, one of the priests at Anathoth in the territory of Benjamin.
4 A word of Yahweh came to me,
5 "Even before I formed you in the womb I have known you; even before you were born I had set you apart, and appointed you a prophet to the nations!"
6 I said, "Ah, Lord Yahweh! I do not know how to speak; I am still young!"
7 But Yahweh replied, "Do not say; 'I am still young', for now you will go whatever be the mission I am entrusting to you, and you will speak of whatever I command you to say.
8 Do not be afraid of them, for I will be with you to protect you - it is Yahweh who speaks!"
9 Then Yahweh stretched out his hand and touched my mouth and said to me, "Now I have put my words in your mouth.
10 See! Today I give you authority over nations and over kingdoms to uproot and to pull down, to destroy and to overthrow, to build and to plant."

PSALM: Psalms 71: 1 - 6, 15, 17

1 In you, O Lord, I seek refuge; let me not be disgraced.
2 In your justice help me and deliver me, turn your ear to me and save me!
3 Be my rock of refuge, a stronghold to give me safety, for you are my rock and my fortress.
4 Rescue me, O my God, from the hand of the wicked, from the grasp of cruel and violent people.
5 For you, O Lord, have been my hope, my trust, O God, from my youth.
6 I have relied on you from birth: from my mother's womb you brought me forth. My praise is of you continually.
15 My lips will proclaim your intervention and tell of your salvation all day, little though it is what I can understand.
17 You have taught me from my youth and until now I proclaim your marvels.

GOSPEL: Matthew 13: 1 - 9

1 That same day Jesus left the house and sat down by the lakeside.
2 As many people gathered around him, he got in a boat. There he sat while the whole crowd stood on the shore,
3 and he spoke to them in parables about many things.
4 Jesus said, "The sower went out to sow and, as he sowed, some seeds fell along the path and the birds came and ate them up.
5 Other seeds fell on rocky ground where there was little soil, and the seeds sprouted quickly because the soil was not deep.
6 But as soon the sun rose the plants were scorched and withered because they had no roots.
7 Again other seeds fell among thistles; and the thistles grew and choked the plants.
8 Still other seeds fell on good soil and produced a crop; some produced a hundredfold, others sixty and others thirty.
9 If you have ears, then hear!"