Please Note

Whenever you use the links on my blog's to make purchases, such as from Mystic Monk Coffee, CCleaner, and others, I earn a small commission. This commission does not have any effect on your costs.


Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Catholic Mass Readings For Wednesday, July 30, 2014

"The Pearl of Great Price", by Domenico Fetti, 17th century
FIRST READING: Jeremiah 15: 10, 16 - 21

10 Woe is me, my mother, that you bore me, a man of strife and contention to the whole land! I have not lent, nor have I borrowed, yet all of them curse me.
16 I devoured your words when they came.They were my happiness and I felt full of joy when you made your Name rest on me. Never did I associate with worldly people,
17 amusing myself with scoffers! When your hand was upon me I stood apart and you filled me with your anger.
18 Why is there no end to my sorrow or healing for my wound? Why do you deceive me, and why does my spring suddenly dry up?
19 Then Yahweh spoke to me, "If you return I will take you back and you will serve me again. Draw the gold from the dross and you will be as my own mouth. You must draw them to you and not go over to them.
20 I will make you a fortress and a wall of bronze facing them; if they fight against you they will not overcome you;
21 I am with you to free you and save you. I will redeem you from the wicked and free you from the hands of tyrants."

PSALM: Psalms 59: 2 - 4, 10 - 11, 17 - 18

2 Deliver me from my enemies, O God, from those who rise up against me.
3 Deliver me from evildoers; rescue me from the bloodthirsty.
4 Look, they lie in wait for my life; the mighty conspiring against me, for no fault of mine, O Lord.
10 O my Strength, I look up to you, for you, O God, are my fortress.
11 My loving God will come to help me and let me see my enemies fall.
17 But I will sing of your might; in the morning I will sing of your love. For you have been a fortress to me, a refuge in time of distress.
18 O my Strength, I will sing praises to you, for you, O God, are my stronghold; you are a loving God.

GOSPEL: Matthew 13: 44 - 46

44 The kingdom of heaven is like a treasure hidden in a field. The one who finds it buries it again; and so happy is he, that he goes and sells everything he has, in order to buy that field.
45 Again the kingdom of heaven is like a trader who is looking for fine pearls.
46 Once he has found a pearl of exceptional quality, he goes away, sells everything he has and buys it.