Please Note

Whenever you use the links on my blog's to make purchases, such as from Mystic Monk Coffee, CCleaner, and others, I earn a small commission. This commission does not have any effect on your costs.


Thursday, March 26, 2015

Daily Catholic Mass Readings For Friday, March 27, 2015

"Jesus Walks in the Portico of Solomon" -- by James Tissot
"Jesus Walks in the Portico of Solomon"
-- by James Tissot

Friday of the Fifth Week of Lent

FIRST READING: Jeremiah 20: 10-13

10 For I heard the reproaches of many, and terror on every side: Persecute him, and let us persecute him: from all the men that were my familiars, and continued at my side: if by any means he may be deceived, and we may prevail against him, and be revenged on him.
11 But the Lord is with me as a strong warrior: therefore they that persecute me shall fall, and shall be weak: they shall be greatly confounded, because they have not understood the everlasting reproach, which never shall be effaced.
12 And thou, O Lord of hosts, prover of the just, who seest the reins and the heart: let me see, I beseech thee, thy vengeance on them: for to thee I have laid open my cause.
13 Sing ye to the Lord, praise the Lord: because he hath delivered the soul of the poor out of the hand of the wicked.

PSALM: Psalms 18: 2-7

2 The heavens shew forth the glory of God, and the firmament declareth the work of his hands.
3 Day to day uttereth speech, and night to night sheweth knowledge.
4 There are no speeches nor languages, where their voices are not heard.
5 Their sound hath gone forth into all the earth: and their words unto the ends of the world.
6 He hath set his tabernacle in the sun: and he, as a bridegroom coming out of his bride chamber, Hath rejoiced as a giant to run the way:
7 His going out is from the end of heaven, And his circuit even to the end thereof: and there is no one that can hide himself from his heat.

VERSE BEFORE THE GOSPEL: SEE John 6: 63, 68

Thy words, Lord, are Spirit and life;
thou hast the words of eternal life.

GOSPEL: John 10: 31-42

31 The Jews then took up stones to stone him.
32 Jesus answered them: Many good works I have shewed you from my Father; for which of these works do you stone me?
33 The Jews answered him: For a good work we stone thee not, but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, maketh thyself God.
34 Jesus answered them: Is it not written in your law: I said you are gods?
35 If he called them gods, to whom the word of God was spoken, and the scripture cannot be broken;
36 Do you say of him whom the Father hath sanctified and sent into the world: Thou blasphemest, because I said, I am the Son of God?
37 If I do not the works of my Father, believe me not.
38 But if I do, though you will not believe me, believe the works: that you may know and believe that the Father is in me, and I in the Father.
39 They sought therefore to take him; and he escaped out of their hands.
40 And he went again beyond the Jordan, into that place where John was baptizing first; and there he abode.
41 And many resorted to him, and they said: John indeed did no sign.
42 But all things whatsoever John said of this man, were true. And many believed in him.